Thursday, June 21, 2007

Male role models

This was written as a comment but I thought it deserved it's own post.

I would like to talk about all the men who volunteer to lead a group of boys in sports. I am a single parent and have a nine year old son. His father isn't a total deadbeat but he isn't involved so my son doesn't have a good role model to look up to. So I would like to say that there are a great group of men in our community who dedicate their time to my son. In doing so, they are a great role model. I am truly grateful for their positive influence on my son. Hopefully, he will emmulate these qualities and not the ones of his slacker father.

Aside: I am glad you have this blog. I feel that you are right, too many times news is negative I think it is good to show the positive.

1 comment:

Kate at the 8 said...

Reviewed Evan, am in agonizing pain.