Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kuhn response

Mayor Mell Kuhn

In response to the March 14 Traveler editorial, "Grow Up, Mr. Mayor:"

The kindergarten I attended tried to instill work ethics and responsibility, claiming that these would carry the day.

Flash-forward 50-plus years and here I am. Frankly, there is no doubt I could have and should have done better. The only things I can rest on is that I'm right with God and living in the greatest county on earth in the city of my choosing with a great family and many friends.

I have never gone around saying everything I think; that would be impossible. However, the delivery of my thoughts may leave a little to desire, but the contexts are what they are. I do try to speak the truth, as I know it; being so, you are free to call that crude if you so desire.

As for as a new hospital, I support and continue to support the company that will do the best for us. The design-build concept is not a bid - it's an evolution.

I hang my hat on this: "If it's good for the city, my family and my friends, then it's great for me."

No comments: