Friday, October 10, 2008

Sign Wars

The political yard signs are out now. Of course they don't necessarily gauge support (think Randy Emerson), but two observations on them overall.

I've seen JUST ONE sign for Goodwin in Ark City, several for Abrams in Winfield. (I didn't canvass the whole towns, just normal course of driving) It's clear Greta Goodwin has plenty of money. Some pols don't spend them on yard signs because they think its ineffective. But still it makes you wonder ....

Also, I've seen one Obama sign in Ark City, several in Winfield on just two main roads - 9th and College.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How else do you think Kasha Kelley was elected 4 years ago....She had more signs.

bytedaily said...

I wonder about this as well. Do people vote based on a common yard sign? I bet so.

I am glad Gene Burr was able to get his yard signs out finally.

I've seen four Obama signs in AC and one McCain sign.

Anonymous said...

Exactly right about Kasha!!! I heard on another blog that she just goes door to door and drops them off....

I personally have seen 4 or 5 Obama signs and 2 McCain.

Anonymous said...

She goes door to door but only leaves signs behind to those who request it.

Anonymous said...

Oh no.. KRAZY KASHA supporters have found this blog!

Anonymous said...

it is worth watch if only to correct your lies

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it is the Burr supporters who are crazy. Many seem to think they should support him because he's a 'nice guy' or because they went to school with him. Since when did that have to do with someone's ability to best serve the community? I, too, think he's a very nice guy. I, too, went to school with him. Neither of those will influence my vote!

Unfortunately, his wife really pushes those allegiances. Liking someone isn't what will get us the best representation in Topeka. (But, I DO find Kasha VERY likeable and more informed than Gene and MORE in touch with her constituents.)