Monday, October 13, 2008

Stand in follow

Kasha's reply why she had a stand in and why she could not make the forum, below (Have not gotten an email reply from Greta yet):

"Stand-ins always get the same amount of time because they are, in reality, standing in for the candidate. You might remember when Ed Trimmer stood in for Greta at a CCCC forum four years ago. He acted as her liason in the forum with Ray LaBoeuf. That's pretty standard fare in any forum when a candidate cannot make it and has a stand-in."


"I was at a leadership conference this past week. When I was given the original date for the forum, it conflicted with my departure for the leadership conference. I had given several other dates to Marshall Brentlinger, and had contacted Jan Voss about dates, but unfortunately, the time chosen apparently wasn't able to be changed again and was right in the middle of my conference. While both Marshall and Jan suggested finding someone to fill in, I was, of course, very disappointed the date was during my absence. That said, I've heard from quite a few that it was a good forum."

No comments: